You're Reading :: News > Snoop Doggy Dogg Tribute Album Announced!
What started out as a crazy idea one night over drinks is actually really now happening! On Dec 17th Engine Room will be releasing our tribute album to Snoop Doggy Dogg’s classic debut Doggystyle…an album that believe it or not just celebrated its 20th Anniversary!
Our concept was to recruit bands that didn’t have a traditional hip-hop sound and to take them out of their element by challenging them to cover these legendary hip-hop songs to see what would happen. The result was definitely interesting to say the least and we couldn’t be more pleased. Garrison Starr turned “Gin And Juice” in to a beautiful heartfelt acoustic piece, Holy Folk produced a Modest Mouse-esque version of “Ain’t No Fun”, and The Tubetops took “Lodi Dodi” in to a magical land of trippy new wave synth pop.
American Songwriter premiered “Gin And Juice” this week, saying “Garrison Starr and PJ Pacifico’s poignant take on Snoop Dogg’s immortal “Gin And Juice” is beautifully done. Fo shizzle.”
Listen for yourself here!
Full track list here:
01. “G Funk Intro” – Tropic of Pisces
02. “Gin And Juice” – Garrison Starr Feat. PJ Pacifico
03. “Tha Shiznit” – T.H. White
04. “Lodi Dodi” – The Tubetops
05. “Murder Was The Case” – Modern Rivals
06. “Serial Killa” – Jamie Block
07. “Who Am I (What’s My Name)?” – The Spring Standards
08. “For All My N***** And B******” – Viola Dana
09. “Ain’t No Fun” – Holy Folk
10. “Doggy Dogg World” – Cookie Rabinowitz
11. “Gz And Hustlas” – Motive Feat. Scraps
12. “Pump Pump” – CUZ
Doggystyle Restyled: A Tribute To Snoop Dogg will be released officially on December 17th.
Hope you enjoy!